Sunday, May 09, 2004
[transmission start]Poem: Why does it have to be this way? -Chris Ong
I see the whole world come crashing down around me,
I see disasters, sickness and pain,
People who I know and love,
Go through the same hurts over and over again.
Some are scarred emotionally
while others just are down,
It all seems so impossible,
Even with God around.
It's not suppose to be like this,
I tell God in my prayers.
And when I don't hear his response,
I feel like He's not there.
'Lord I thought You promised,' I hear myself shout in my own head,
'You promised You'd take care of things, and look what's happened instead!
'I thought you were the Almighty Lord, for who nothing was too hard,
Why does it have to be like this? Just tell me why God?'
I didn't want this all to happen, I wished none of this was real,
Everything was so overwhelming I didn't know what to feel.
Problems in my family, relationships with my friends,
the prospect of leading my CG, not being able to go for T-retreat, where will all of this end?
It's all just so depressing, I want to run away,
but deep down inside i know myself it won't help anyway.
The problems and the worries, they'll always come around,
No matter how far away you run, somehow you'll always be found.
I wondered if God would answer me, with all my asking why,
Why does it have to be this way, am I living a lie?
Outside it seems that everything is going pretty good,
but inside i really feel like crap, always in a gloomy mood.
But I find it really difficult to surrender all these things to God,
Although I ask Him to take it all away,
Somehow I still hold onto them,
Even till today.
I suppose the most that you can pray for in a time like this,
but it's really hard to do,
is to admit your own weaknessess.
so God can give you His own strength to help pull you through.
[transmission end]
-
chr1s0ng put the word on the street at 9:25 PM
|
