Friday, December 03, 2004
[transmission start]thoughts: poem...
righto. came up with this on the last night of youth camp. it's a poem i wrote, and after thinking and reflecting, realised it covered all the sermons in one way or another (it wasn't really intentional. really)
So what will you do? - by chris ong
'Tis often I've wondered - am i worthy of God's great gift,
Of salvation through Christ's death and grace I may live.
For I know that I've hurt Him with things done or said,
Like not standing up for Him, so feel that I'm better off dead.
But despite this I know that Jesus loves me,
And He walks right there beside me in my life's journey.
For the Lord is my saviour, sheperd and friend,
who will lead, help and guide me till life's very end.
So often i ask myself questions like this -
When God said "Follow Me" would I resist?
When He asks me to deny myself and take up my cross,
To help do His great work and go save the lost,
Who do not yet know Him, Jesus Christ who cleanses us of sin,
Because their journey with Jesus has yet to begin.
So what will you do? Follow or flee?
Or live life not for yourself but for God's glory.
hope you liked it. i know i had fun writing it.
till next time...
[transmission end]
-
chr1s0ng put the word on the street at 6:01 PM
|
