The life and times of Chris Ong

[ me. ]

Name - Chris Ong
Also known as - Christopher; hey you!; OI!; the extra and that kid with the shades


[ Special Skeelz]

Identifying fresh fruit in supermarkets
Playing drums
Writing BAD poetry
Being a compulsive blogger


[ What i do / been doing ]

one-time despatch clerk
small-time lousy poet
small-time therapist
part time publicity ministry member in CMC
part-time disciple
part-time Sai Kang Warrior / house clerk
some-time CG leader
Most-time NUS FASS student (till 2006 or so)
Most-time older bro
Most-time Compulsive Blogger
Full-time Christian
Big-time Mama's boy (and proud of it)
ALL-TIME SLACKER!

[ thoughts ]

You can fool SOME people MOST of the time, and MOST people SOME of the time, but you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time... or something like that

[ Cool Sites. ]

Contest of Champions
Terry Pratchett and DiscWorld
Arsenal
Houston Rockets


[ cool music. ]
linkin park
Emeniem
Tupac
Greenday
Planetshakers
Hillsongs



[ wishlist.]

i expect nothing. and boy,do i get it

[ Blogs ]

Life (or something like it)... The Diary of Chris
A Boy Called X
The Wondering Christian
Can't believe i'm blogging for homework
Audrey
Gen 'Jie-Jie'
Lydia
Melissa
Farah
Gene
Liangcai
link

[ archives. ]

04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008

[ credit. ]

designed by rachel (modified a little by me)

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, September 03, 2006

[transmission start]

thoughts: i'm no superman...

Out the door just in time
Head down the 405
Gotta meet the new boss by 8 am
The phone rings in the car
The wife is working hard
She's running late tonight again

Well

I know what I've been told
You gotta work to feed the soul
But I can't do this all on my own
No, I know I'm no Superman
I'm no Superman

no

You've got your love online
You think you're doing fine
But you're just plugged into the wall
And that deck of tarot cards
Won't get you very far
There ain't no hand to break your fall

Well

I know what I've been told
You gotta know just when to fold
But I can't do this all on my own
No, I know I'm no Superman
I'm no Superman
That's right

== harmonica solo ==

You've crossed the finish line
Won the race but lost your mind
Was it worth it after all

I need you here with me
Cause love is all we need
Just take a hold of the hand that breaks the fall

Well I know what I've been told
Gotta break free to break the mold
But I can't do this all on my own
No I can't do this all on my own
I know that I'm no Superman
I'm no Superman
I'm no Superman

Someday we'll be together
Somedaaay
Someday we'll be together
Somedaaay
I'm no Superman

- "Superman" by Lazlo Bane (taken from Scrubs OST)

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
And it's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'Bout a home I'll never see

It might sound absurd
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed
But won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away, away from me
Well, it's alright
You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a phony red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me, inside of me
Inside of me, yeah inside of me, inside of me

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me, inside of me
Inside of me, yeah inside of me, inside of me

- "Superman (It's not easy)" by Five for Fighting

well they got at least one thing right from each song:
1. i can't do this all on my own
2. its not easy to be me
3. I'm no superman

but really, its true. i can only do so much. and i guess in trying to do more, well it takes something out of you. sometimes more than you expect (and i guess that's why sometimes we feel drained).

sometimes i really wonder why i'm doing what i'm doing. there's so much to do, and yet i don't want to start on most of it. instead, i'm feeling this sense of... i dunno what it is, but it's definitely not enthusiasm. i don't know if its depression (and if it is, i don't know what i'm feeling depressed about).

maybe its conflicting emotions that i've been feeling lately. thanks to things said to me, circumstances i've been put in, things i've been thinking about. but let's just see... i'll probably get over this... eventually.

till next time...

[transmission end]

-
chr1s0ng put the word on the street at 10:59 PM
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com